Our values unite us. They create a common DNA that runs through the business and defines our culture. More importantly though they define our behaviours and commercial decision making meaning that we run the business in the right way
- Respect for the environment, natural resources and people
- NESI, and all of our jobs, depend on fish which is one of the world’s last natural resources. We actively seek to be sustainable in all we do
- We treat people as individuals, respecting everyone’s dignity, diversity and time.
- We listen, to understand each other’s needs and aspirations. We treat everyone fairly and as we expect to be treated ourselves.
- We take care of others’ property, machinery and workplaces in the same manner as our own.
- Every one of us, every time, has to respond to what the customer needs, when they need it
- Customers are our number one priority and we know that to be successful they must remain ahead of their competition in every way. When we serve our customers we remember that it is they who pay our salaries at the end of this month, therefore to remain competitive and their first choice we have to supply our customers with products and service that continually beat our competition.
- We must understand our customers really well, we have to inspire them, and maintain great and enduring relationships with them, across all areas of our business.
- Only if we do this, can we be successful
By Learning, We Grow
- Facing up to challenge is important and inevitable in growing a successful business; we do not “blame”
- To develop, we set goals, share knowledge and challenge ourselves and each other in a positive way. We are committed to doing this in a constructive way that builds trust and respect, in a supportive environment
- Every one of us has ambition and potential and needs a motivating place to work, so we provide high quality training, opportunities and support to enable individuals to realise their goals.
- Like a family we are a company that shares commitment, loyalty and a common bond
- We regard our customers and suppliers as members of our extended family
- Every job in our business is equally important and we value and respect every employee and their opinions, in the same way that we ourselves expect to be valued.
- People from all areas of the business are involved and important in implementing new ideas, or changes to ways of working. Everyone’s opinion is equally valuable in this.
- We help each other to maintain and improve our standards and value each others’ involvement.
- We trust every individual in the business to be true to each of our company values, to work and communicate in an open and honest way and measure ourselves and each other against our company values.
- We ensure our standards and ways of working are clear, consistent and fair and reward performance and contribution both individually and collectively.